It’s a happy clash between up-market hotel suite and homely B and B bedroom, where contemporary chic meets the Renaissance and the definition of Hobart.
There is something about the Islington Hotel that makes us want to stay in, by the fire, with a tea cup in hand, for the rest of winter. It’s so deliciously homely we’re resisting every temptation to move in permanently. Is it the deep mauve colour palette, the strategically available chess board, the sense of complete privacy, the careful play on light or the relationship between in and out door – we don’t know and it doesn’t really matter because the love affair is already well evolved.
The term boutique is often thrown around very loosely; boutique cocktail, boutique fashion store, boutique ensuite, that we lose sight of the true meaning on the word. It has almost become a title entities strive to be awarded; a title that means they’re unlike their competition down the road and a title they need to work for. The term boutique refers to a business serving sophisticated and specialized clientele. Islington Hotel has earned that honour. It didn’t become Tasmania’s most awarded boutique hotel by conforming to the hotel cookie cutter.
Beyond the over and above guest services, the luxury fittings and the completely addictive elegance, Islington Hotel has the environment at heart. From an in-house garden to self-sufficient heating, knowing your indulgence is leaving a minimal footprint is as comforting as the a-la-cart menu. The original 1847 building is brought back to life (not that it ever left) with elegant imported fabrics, antique furnishings and locallt manufactured beds. Each room has a distinctive design flourish, celebrating one of the many early Tasmanians who provided inspiration for the hotel.
Lush was born here.
Bloggers Boyfriend has joined forces with Islington Hotel to give you & your best friend chance to experience all it has to offer for a winter mid-week escape, with complimentary:
- 3 Nights at Islington Hotel Garden Room (A$1500 value)
- A$400 voucher in total to fly in and out Hobart
- a bottle of Tasmania wine at check-in
- breakfast for two during your 3 nights stay
- free on-site parking, wifi and in-room movie stream.
- unlimited barista coffee, tea, non-alcohol mini-bar, all day baked-goods and local fruits.
All you need to do is:
- Comment on this image, tag your best friend’s Instagram account(s) who you want to spend the three nights at the Islington Hotel with.
- you can tag as many people as you like, one comment = one entry.
- double your chance to win when you comment on this blog post with explanation why you want to stay at Islington Hotel with your bestie.
- You must follow @bloggers_boyfriend and @IslingtonHotel on Instagram.
- You must be at least 18 years old and current Australian Resident.
- Booking dates are for Sunday to Thursday only, also subject to Islington Hotel’s availability, valid until 31st December 2017.
- Bookings must be made with Islington Hotel directly, the package is not available for redeeming vouchers or cash.
- No exchange or refund are available for this promotion.
- Winner will be announced on the 30th April 2017 on this blog post.
*Islington Hotel Hobart and Bloggers Boyfriend have the rights to cancel or change this promotion at any time, by entering this competition, you agree and understand above terms and conditions.
This blog post is in collaboration with Islington Hotel Hobart, exclusively dressed by Mr.Porter.
Final Editing: Emma Clarke
Creative Direction & Drafting : Bloggers Boyfriend
Photography: Bloggers Boyfriend Self-Portrait with Nikon D610 + Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 || Nikon 50mm f1.4 || Nikon 85mm f1.4
Location: Islington Hotel, Hobart, Tasmania